Job Type: Full-Time at 40 hours/week expected
Deadline for application: Until Filled
Benefits: Dental, Health, and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, & Flexible Spending Account
As the Governmental Finance Director, you will play a pivotal role in managing and overseeing the financial operations of Richland County. This leadership position requires a strategic thinker who can guide financial decisions, ensure compliance with budgetary regulations, and provide expert financial advice to Administration and departments. You will be responsible for maintaining fiscal integrity, promoting transparency, and maximizing the efficient use of public funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager) certification strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in governmental finance, including budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance
- Strong knowledge of government accounting standards (GAAP and GASB)
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Integrity, ethical judgment, and commitment to public service
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Finance Director” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Attn: Justin Siemens, Finance Director
County Clerk/Administrator Office
181 W. Seminary Street
Richland Center, WI 53581
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.